We Bring the Farm to You
We have a petting zoo package (with or without pony rides) for any event from a few toddlers and their parents at a backyard birthday party to a multi-hour carnival at your school or city park (check with your city regarding local permits or ordinances regarding animal exhibitions on public or private property). Our animals are always healthy, clean, friendly and ready to play, so look over the information below to pick the package best suited for your event!
Small Zoo: The small zoo, about 20 animals, is perfect for daycare centers, schools, birthday parties, nursing homes or any smaller gathering. The majority of the critters are small animals such as rabbits, chickens, ducks, goats and sheep. A few larger animals are also included such as an alpaca, a pony, a miniature cow or calf and a dog.
Medium Zoo: Our medium zoo, which is popular among smaller community events, carnivals, company picnics and church festivals, offers a larger quantity (approximately 30 animals) of our friendly critters. The medium zoo is similar to the small zoo as it offers a variety of smaller animals including rabbits, chickens, ducks, goats and sheep. It also features a variety of larger animals including: an alpaca, llama, pony, a miniature cow or calf and dog.
Large Zoo: Our large zoo, consisting of 40+ animals, offers the greatest variety and number of animals. It consists of several smaller animals including rabbits, chickens, ducks, geese, goats, and sheep. It also features a greater variety of larger animals including an alpaca, llama, pony, donkey, a miniature cow or calf and dog. This size zoo is most popular at larger schools, community/city events, company picnics, and church festivals.
Birthday Parties: For this option we include 15 friendly critters which includes rabbits, chickens, ducks, goats, sheep, alpaca, a miniature cow, dog and one hand led pony for rides. This is a great option for your child’s birthday party!
Pony Ring: Our pony ring, consists of a 6-pony carousel.
Pony Rides: We offer hand led pony rides for all events as well. Ponies can be combined with a zoo package above or only pony rides.
*Travel Fee: Miles from our farm, in Le Sueur, MN, to the event location based on Google Maps. Mileage is charged at $1.25 per mile round trip from our farm to the event.
|Miniature Cow or Calf||1||1||1|
1* If hand led pony rides are requested, there will not be an additional pony in the zoo
1** Pigs are by request only. Piglets are not available at all times.
* Due to the nature of live animals, no species can be guaranteed on any particular date.
A few other notes:
Payment: Booking fee is non-refundable for any reason other than weather. The booking fee may be applied to another available date within 1 year, if cancellation is necessary. Balance is due prior to the end of any event. We often book parties back to back and do not have time in between to wait for payment, so please don’t make us go looking for you.
- Dog policy: Please keep all dogs restrained or put away during the event. If there is a loose dog the ponies or animals will be stopped until the dog is away. Excited dogs that rush at animals can be a serious safety hazard. This is for the safety of the children and the dog.
- Weight limits & Pony safety: Maximum weight limits for most of our ponies is 85 lbs. Please let us know if you will have bigger kids so we can bring along our bigger ponies, weight limit 125 lbs. Ponies cannot be ridden double under any circumstances. In most cases we will not walk our ponies on wet asphalt as this is a safety hazard.
- Petting zoo requirements: The smallest area needed is 12′ X 12′. Please let us know if there is no shade or grass for us to use in set-up so that we can provide a canopy or straw/hay for the comfort of the animals and children. Animals (ponies included) cannot work on areas that have been chemically treated (fertilizer or pesticides) within the past 7 days due to possible danger to the animals. Animals may be set-up on grass, dirt, concrete, or asphalt but NOT on landscape rocks, sand or steep slopes.
- Wet bathing suits: If you are also having a pool or water slide party, please be sure the kids are dry before riding the ponies. Wet bathing suits will not be allowed on the saddles.
- Hot weather: If the temperature is forecasted to be above 90F, we cannot bring bunnies/rabbits. We do provide canopies for sunny areas and rain.
- Arrival and clean up: We will arrive at your event prior to scheduled time to allow for set-up and give the children maximum time allowed with the animals. We are responsible for the removal and disposal of any and all wastes created by the animals.